Monday, June 28, 2010

PEI Senators Reflect on Time in PEI


Graeme Townshend
“It was great. The people, the arena and city were great!”

Guy Gadowsky
“I had a great time and really love the area. Playing in the AHL in the Maritimes was awesome. The people are very knowledgeable and appreciative of good hockey, and they treated all of the players very well.”

Brad Treliving
“I really enjoyed PEI. We had a great group of guys and really liked the area.”

Tony Cimellaro
“I love PEI. You can’t beat playing in a Canadian city with amazing people. Our home opener the first year was special because it was the first big league game on the island. Also I stay in touch with a couple of guys off that team so great friendship created.”

Carl Valimont
“I remember that my son who is 15 now was born in PEI in march of 1994. I remember getting stuck on the ferry and being iced the the harbor. It was a good team although we missed the playoffs. Management was great. It was difficult to travel from PEI, so I was not surprised that the franchise did not last long.”

Jean-Francois Labbe
“The AHL was a lot of fun. It was a great learning time for me. I really enjoyed my time in PEI.”

Craig Woodcroft
“I remember it being very cold and snowy. The people were extremely friendly and supportive of the team. One story was when the bus got trapped on the ferry because there was to much ice between the boat and the dock. We were stuck there for hours at the time, it wasn’t funny, but in hindsight it was quite the experience.”

Darren Rumble
“I really enjoyed my year in PEI and can’t wait for a chance to return some day.”

Jarmo Kekalainen
PEI is a beautiful place, franchise was new there and fans were great! I really enjoyed my time, outstanding seafood!”

Coach Don MacAdam
“The Senators were not a very talented team and the Ottawa organization was only in its second year. So, it was frustrating not being able to put a quality team on the ice for the Island fans. We had one Island player on the team, Kent Paynter from Summerside. He was also the team captain and one of our best players. The only player that made a name for himself in the NHL off that team was Pavel Demitra.”

Peter Allen
“When I got called up from Richmond, Virginia, we were on a road trip. So, when I showed up, all I had were a couple of shirts and a track suit, which doesn’t do much against the cold of PEI in the middle of the winter. I had a great time and the people were really friendly.”


Much more on the PEI Senators to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment